The University of Brussels (ULB), Belgium, has a post-doc position for working on power-line communication systems, with a focus on software-defined radio implementation. The project is in partnership with a major industrial partner, where the candidate is expected to work 20 to 50% of his time.
The research will be conducted within the Embedded Electronics group of the BEAMS department, which focuses on embedded and FPGA system design.
– Conducting a research project on power-line communications, with a focus on harsh environments and reliable communications. Implementation of a proof-of-concept SDR-based testbed
– Publication in conferences and journals, and possible patent writing
– Collaborations with other teams inside the department
– PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
– Strong background in digital signal processing and communication systems
– Experience in C/C++, VHDL/Verilog and embedded systems (or willingness to learn)
– Good communication skills, verbal and written
If interested, please send your CV and one or two publications representative of your work to Prof. Francois Quitin at firstname.lastname@example.org.