Company: Telenor Group
Location: Oslo, Norway
Duration: 3 years
Type: Full Time
Application deadline: 15th of November, 2018
Contacts: Patrick Waldemar (VP Head of NG Network Technology), +47 934 37 841 (Mobile)
For more information: www.telenor.com/career/vacant-positions/?jobid=J071234
Telenor is an international provider of high quality telecommunications, data and media communication services to customers in 8 markets across Asia and Scandinavia with headquarter in Oslo, Norway. Telenor is also a leading provider of fixed-line and media services to the Scandinavian countries. Telenor is one of Norway’s largest companies with revenues in 2017 of approx. NOK 125 billion and a work force of more than 20 000 domestically and abroad.
Telenor Research is Telenor’s corporate unit for research. Telenor Research conducts research on new technology and service opportunities, changing consumer behaviour, changing regulatory regimes, the competitive environment and new technology platforms driving changes in the ecosystem. Telenor Research has extensive cooperation with industry and other research establishments at home and abroad, securing access to leading edge knowledge.
The Next Generation Technology department aims at understanding how core network technologies will be developing and enabling service development. A key challenge is to investigate how core network technologies can create new strategic opportunities and be used to differentiate our service positions in order to stay competitive in our markets. Network virtualization and security within smart future networks are key research areas. Current research and innovation activities are focused on how Telenor can realize the 5G vision of profitable top line revenue growth by serving industry verticals and deliver mass market connectivity. We are participating in several Horizon2020 projects, for instance:
5G (www.5g-vinni.eu/ ), (https://5g-ppp.eu/to-euro-5g/ )
Secure IoT networks (scottproject.eu/), and
Multi-Domain Orchestration (www.5gex.eu/).
We are offering a 3 year Postdoc temporary position and are seeking a highly motivated person with background from Computer Science, Telematics or similar, to strengthen our research on network virtualization and security within smart future networks. The ideal candidate has an outstanding academic track record and capabilities to publish in highly ranked academic journals. Furthermore, you should be keen to take on the challenge of combining technology research with developing research based strategic advice for Telenor.
- Define postdoctoral project focus within the research program “Smart Future Networks” and work in collaboration with the researchers in Telenor Research to qualify for top academic positions, e.g. professor positions
- Participate in ongoing research and advisory activities in the department, with initial focus on network virtualization and security within the research program “Smart Future Networks”.
- Identify and pursue research within topics of high importance for Telenor´s strategic agenda
- Contribute to strategic and operative recommendations and implications of the research results and present to relevant stakeholders
- Continuous monitoring of technology trends which will influence Telenor´s business positions, as well as our competitors positions
- Conduct research participating in internal projects and in close collaboration with national and international universities and research communities
- A PhD in Computer Science, Telematics or similar
- Broad understanding of computer systems and computer networks, e.g. in the intersection between IT and telecommunication networking
- Specialisation within one or more of the following topics: virtualization (server and network), network control and management, including OSS, wireless, mobile and IP network security, Linux Native with cloud (OpenStack, Docker) skills, Linux Native with Network-Security skills
- Excellent analytical skills with capability to publish academic papers in highly ranked academic journals
- Understanding of and interest in the Telecom industry
- Positive attitude, self-driven and open-minded
- Highly interested in research and has a passion to influence business through research
- Persuasive and confident in presenting complex topics to industry management as well as top management in Telenor
- Ability to drive tasks and deliver results on time and with the required quality, either on an individual level, as a team member, or as a project leader