WPMC 2019 – The 22nd International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications
Lisbon, Portugal – Nov. 24-27, 2019
FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS – Deadline for Paper Submission has been re-extended to July 25, 2019.
- National Institute of Information and Technology (NICT), Japan
- YRP R&D Promotion Committee, Japan
- Instituto de Telecomunicas (IT), Portugal
- Instituto Universitario de Lisboa (ISCTE-IUL), Portugal
The 22nd International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC 2019) will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, on November 24-27, 2019.
The theme of this year’s WPMC is “DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES AND BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION”, hosted by Instituto de Telecomunicas (IT)/Instituto Universitario de Lisboa (ISCTE-IUL), Portugal.
The WPMC symposia series were inaugurated in 1998, as a global platform to enable collaboration in the field of wireless information. Held in Asia, Europe and America, WPMC has established itself as a unique global conference dedicated to wireless multimedia convergence.
This time the 22nd WPMC has merged with Global Wireless Summit (GWS), the world’s largest annual international conference on wireless techno-business modelling, to respond to the trend of rapid digital transformation, its acceleration of business activities, processes, competencies, and models. Its related topics will be in a common platform for academia, industries and standardization bodies to present and discuss the various opportunities and open challenges to fully leverage the changes and promises of digital technologies and their impact in a strategic and prioritized way.
A key emphasis of this year’s conferences is the borderless smart society – bridging across industries, public and private companies, universities, research labs, and other knowledge societies in exploration of the newest digital technologies and pursuing innovative ways of living, conducting business, travelling, and so forth, towards sustainable solutions for the future.
IT / ISCTE-IUL is actively involved in fundamental and applied research in telecommunications and its supporting sciences, including wireless communications, optical communications, networks and multimedia, at national/international levels. IT also fosters higher education and training, by hosting and tutoring graduate/postgraduate students.
We look forward to receiving your original, previously unpublished contributions and welcoming you to Lisbon and WPMC 2019.
- Spectrum Management, Cognitive Radio and Game Theory for 5G Communications.
- Network Functions Virtualization and Software Defined Networking.
- Control, Monitoring and Cooperative Communication Issues in Vehicular Environments, Information Theory, Channel, Joint Source Channel and Network Coding.
- Signal Processing for Communications, Multi-antenna and Beamforming Systems.
- Satellite and Navigation Systems.
- Optical Radio Convergence and VLC.
- Cryptography, Security, Jamming, Interference Techniques.
- Image Processing, Video Compression, Coding, Multimedia and Virtual Reality.
- Multi Business Model innovation in a World of Human Bond and Vehicular Communication.
- Persuasive Business Models for Next Generation Communications and Future Networks.
- Imperative Business Models for Green Technology for Society: Intelligent Systems, Sustainable Energy, eHealth, and Big Data in Cloud Environments.
- Business Models for Non-Conventional Approaches in Health, Smart Regions and Social Science.
- Standards for Communications and Networking.
- Knowledge Home.
- Technology Transfer in ICT.
Important Dates – NEW DATES!!
Deadline for Special Session and Tutorials Proposal: July 25, 2019
Deadline for Papers’ Submissions: July 25, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: August 26, 2019
Deadline for Final Manuscript Submission: September 12, 2019
Deadline for Early Registration: October 8, 2019
1) Prospective authors are invited to submit original full papers WITHOUT authors’ names and affiliations, in English, of 4 – 6 pages in standard IEEE two-column format only, reporting their original work and results, applications, and/or implementation in one or more of the listed areas.
2) Papers must be submitted online only through the submission system of the conference website.
3) At least one author of each accepted paper MUST register and present the paper at the conference in order that the paper is to be included in the program. The program will also be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore.
IEEE XPLORE COMPLIANT Part Number: TBA IEEE XPLORE COMPLIANT ISBN: TBA
Potential papers are encouraged for their extension and submit to Wireless Personal Communications Journal (indexed in Web of Science with annual impact factor), and other reputed journals such as River Publishers for further publication.
WPMC 2019 Submission link: https://edas.info/N25986
More Information is available at WPMC 2019 Official Website: http://www.wpmc-international-symposium.org