FULL-TIME ACADEMIC POSITION IN
EMBEDDED ELECTRONICS FOR SMART ENVIRONMENTS
BRUSSELS SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING – ECOLE POLYTECHNIQUE DE BRUXELLES
About the Job
The Brussels School of Engineering is hiring a full-time professor in the field of embedded electronics for smart environments. The candidate will be joining the BEAMS – Embedded Electronics research group, and will be teaching in the Bachelor of Engineering in Charleroi which ULB is coordinating in partnership
The candidate should have a PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (with a focus on electronics or related field).
- Applicants should have at least 4 years of research experience at the time of their recruitment.
- Post-doctoral experience and an excellent scientific record are a plus.
- Exchange periods outside of the applicants’ home institution (during or after their PhD) will be taken into consideration when evaluating applications.
- You speak fluent French (level B2 or better), as well as English (level B2 or better)
- You have experience in setting up and participating in research projects
- You have experience in the different aspects of academic teaching: course coordination and organization, developing didactic tools, supervising student projects.
How to apply
Applications must be sent by e-mail to the rectorate of the Université Libre de Bruxelles(firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the faculty deanship (email@example.com ).
They must include the following :
- an application letter
- a Curriculum vitae including a list of publications : if you want you can complete a standard form via our website at https://www.ulb.be/fr/documents-officiels/completer-votre-cv-en-ligne. Once completed, it must be downloaded and attached to the application file.
- any relevant documents showing 4 years of research experience
- a 7,000-character report (4 pages) presenting the applicant’s research activities and a research
project, including how these will integrate into ULB’s research teams
- a teaching report including a 7,000-character report (4 pages) on the applicant’s previous teaching activities and a teaching project for the first five years in this position; these must be relevant to the faculty and to the teaching profiles for the programs to which the applicant is to contribute
- a note on the applicant’s international achievements and projects (no more than 4 pages)
- the names and e-mail addresses of five references (with equal gender representation) who may be contacted by those in charge of evaluating applications. These references should not have conflicts of interest because of family or emotional ties.
The appointment to the academic staff of ULB is made at “Premier Assistant” level, if the candidate has had a PhD for less than eight years (on 1 October of the year of appointment). If the candidate has had a PhD for eight or more years, on 1 October of the year of appointment, then the appointment is made at ”Chargé de Cours” level. As of their appointment, members of academic staff are authorized to use the honorary title of ”Professeur”.
Contact person – Prof. François QUITIN (phone: 32 2 650.28.29 – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
For the full description click HERE.