New PhD position at Technische Universität Ilmenau : ITN-5VC – Integrated Telematics for Next Generation 5G Vehicular Communications
Department of Electronic Engineering
About the Project
The Electronic Measurements and Signal Processing (EMS) Group at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Infor-mation Technology is offering a three-year position. This PhD student position is part of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network “ITN-5VC – Integrated Telematics for Next Generation 5G Vehicular Communications” , funded by the European Union’s Hori-zon 2020 Research and Innovation Program. The research of the Electronic Measurements and Signal Processing group (EMS) within the MSCA ITN-EID project focuses on modelling of electromagnetic wave propagation for multi-band and multi-link Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) wireless links.
At Technische Universität Ilmenau, Germany, we have two ESR positions open (until February 15th 2021):
- ESR4 on multi-link/multi-band channel modeling
- ESR5 on joint communication and radar sensing (JCRS)
- Above-average university degree in electrical engineering, communications, electromagnetics or physics.
- Very good knowledge in the fieldof radio propagation modelling and multi-antenna communication systems.
- Well-founded knowledge in at least two of the following areas of application:
– Channel sounding or channel measurement principle / technology.
– Radio standards (e.g. LTE, 5G) and corresponding channel models.
– Usage of tools for wireless ray tracing.
– Model based data analysis and statistical fitting.
– Machine learning and application to wireless communications.
- Experience in MATLAB or Python.
- Willingness and ability for academic writing and publications in the international framework.
- Willingness to travel and mid-term research stays at partners within the “ITN-5VC”.
- Very good English skills in a technical and scientific environment.
How to apply
Applicants must apply via the University’s online application system:
- ESR4 on multi-link/multi-band channel modeling : https://lnkd.in/dQBiTzP
- ESR5 on joint communication and radar sensing (JCRS): https://lnkd.in/dMXf6bG
The applicants must (at the 01.04.2021) be in the first four years of their research careers (measured as full-time equivalent from the date when they obtained the degree which would entitle them to embark on a doctorate). The applicants should not be in possession of a doctoral degree, but should have the necessary qualifications to embark on a doctorate. The ESR will be required to enrole in the PhD program. The applicant (regardless of his nationality) must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for Early Stage Research-ers. The exact salary will be confirmed upon appointment, but may vary between €35.500,00 and €.41.500,00 gross/year. The salary includes a living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (if criteria for granting are met). The PhD position is limited to 36 months.
Contact person – Prof. Dr. Thomä Reiner (firstname.lastname@example.org )
For the description about the project click HERE.
For the full description about the ESR4 PhD position click HERE.
For the full description about the ESR5 PhD position click HERE.