Date: 14 – 15 September 2020
Place: Online Meeting
Venue: Microsoft Teams
Local Organisers: EURACON
1st Post-IRACON Meeting is organized by EURACON.
The event will be organised as follows:
- the Plenary and WG meetings will take place on Mon 14 and on Tue 15 (9 am to no later than 6 pm).
- due to its nature, the 1st Post-IRACON Meeting has the Break & Networking moments, that will take place everyday from 11 to 11.40 am and from 3.40 to 4 pm.
- The Social Event will take place on Monday 14th from 5.50 to 6.20 pm.
- The Closing Event will take place on Tuesday 15th from 6 to 6.20 pm.
Documents & Deadlines
- Keynote Speakers
- Meeting registration deadline: 10th September 2020
- Guidelines TD pre-recordings
- Submit TD pre-recording: 9th September 2020
- Use of the online tool at the 1st Post-IRACON Meeting
How to pay
Account Holder: Euracon, AISBL, Avenue Georges Lemaitre 4-6, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Bank name: BNP Paribas Fortis NV (Louvain-la-Neuve)
Bank address: Place de l’Université 6, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
IBAN: BE84 0016 9348 0459
SWIFT-BIC code: GEBABEBB
REFERENCE: [Your first name] [Your last name], registration at 1st Post-IRACON Meeting
Euracon accepts PayPal payments by adding 3% + € 0,35 for transaction fees.
To use the online payment, please send an email with subject “EURACON Online Payment – 1st Post-IRACON Meeting” to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
You will then receive an email from PayPal including the invoice and the payment instructions.
Please note: PayPal accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or PayPal account payments. A PayPal account is not required for online credit card payments.
Receipts will be sent by email once EURACON has received the full registration and the related payment.
If you need a pro-forma invoice, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to submit a TD
To submit a TD the Author(s) must:
- request a TD number within the deadline specified;
- prepare a PDF file containing the document to be presented, with a proper cover page;
- send the PDF file within the deadline specified.
Instructions on the various steps are given below.
REQUEST FOR A TD NUMBER
To ask for a TD number please go to the Members’Area, click on “TD submission” and select “Request TD number” on 1st Post-IRACON Meeting.
The TD request page will close on 26 August 2020
TD STRUCTURE (Cover page)
Every Temporary Document must be preceded by a cover page.
- Those intending to use Word to edit their TD, please use the CoverPage_CA15104.doc file
- Those intending to use LaTeX to edit their TD, please use the LATEX.zip files
Please find HERE the instructions on how to fill in the cover page.
The final submission of a TD must be performed via email after receiving the TD number and no later than: 4 September 2020
To submit your TD, please send an email with subject ” CA15104 – TD Submission” to email@example.com attaching the full TD in PDF format, named as the TD number assigned to you.
TD presentations at the 1st Post-IRACON Meeting
All speeches will happen via Microsoft TEAMS. In order to ensure the speeches will be delivered even in case of last minute connectivity issues, ALL of them will be pre-recorded by the speakers and delivered to the organizational staff at EURACON before the event.
The pre-recorded TD presentations must be delivered by Sept. 9, EOB.
This will provide the organizational staff minimum time to check, and store all of them.
TD presentations should be confined to 15 min to leave at least five minutes for Q&A.
Chairs will choose among the questions posted by the attendees via the chat during the presentation. Speakers, at the end of the pre-recorded video, will provide live answers.
Guidelines for pre-recordings of TD presentations for the 1st Post-Iracon Meeting
It is suggested you record your presentation capturing both your slides and yourself presenting, besides the voice. This can be achieved in a number of ways. One option is to use a Zoom feature; you can download instructions at www.zoom.us. We prepared a short video tutorial to train towards the use of such option: please visit here.
- Maximum file size: 200 MB
- Format: mp4
- Maximum Resolution: Full HD
- Minimum Resolution: 480 pixel (height)
- Suggested Aspect Ratio: 16 : 9 horizontal
- Ensure your webcam does not overlap to any relevant part of your slides.
Please name your video file TD(20)13(your number) and send it using Wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org ; subject of the e-mail: Pre-recorded video TD(20)13(your number)
Mon 14, 9:00 – 9:45 am Andreas F. Molisch, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA. Title: “Recent Results in Outdoor mm-wave and THz Channels”
Mon 14, 9:45 – 10:30 am Alister Burr, University of York, York, UK. Title: “Massive MIMO, Beamforming and Radio Access Networks”
Mon 14, 4:20 – 5:05 pm Sana Salous, Durham University, Durham, UK. Title: “Propagation Measurements and Models for 5G”
Mon 14, 5:05 – 5:50 pm Richard Li, Futurewei, Los Angeles, CA, USA. Title: “New IP: Intent, Motivations and Applications”
Tue 15, 9:00 – 9:45 am Thomas Kürner, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany. Title: “THz Communications – A Candidate for Future 6G Systems”
Tue 15, 9:45 – 10:30 am Silvia Ruiz Boqué, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – BarcelonaTech (UPC), Barcelona, Spain. Title: “Always Look on the Bright Side of NewG (Despite Everything)”