Date: Feb. 1–3, 2017
Venue: Lisbon, Portugal
IRACON 3rd MC meeting and 3rd technical meeting is organized by the COST Action CA15104, “Inclusive Radio Communication Networks for 5G and beyond” (IRACON). IRACON will hold his 3rd MC meeting and 3rd scientific meeting in Lisbon, Portugal on Feb. 1-3, 2017.
A Tutorial will be organised in conjunction with MC meeting on Jan. 31st, 2017.
The meeting will take place at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) – University of Lisbon, Alameda campus in Lisbon, at Av. Rovisco Pais, 1049-001 Lisbon.
- Attendance List
- Chair’s presentation
- Keynote Speakers
- Meeting presentation, local information and accommodation
- Minutes (and attachments)
- Meeting registration deadline: January 8th, 2017. Please go to the Members Area and click on “Meeting registration“. Once you are registered, complete your registration (contribution to Local Organiser expenses 120,00 €)
How to submit a TD
To submit a TD the Author(s) must:
- request a TD number within the deadline specified;
- prepare a PDF file containing the document to be presented, with a proper cover page;
- send the PDF file within the deadline specified.
Instructions on the various steps are given below.
REQUEST FOR A TD NUMBER
If you intend to ask for a TD number, please go to the Members Area. Click on “TD Submission” and select “Request TD number” on IRACON 3RD MC MEETING AND 3RD TECHNICAL MEETING. The “TD Submission” page will close on January 15th, 2017.
TD STRUCTURE (Cover page)
Every Temporary Document must be preceded by a cover page.
Please find here the instructions on how to fill in the cover page.
The final submission of a TD must be performed via email after receiving the TD number and no later than January 22nd, 2017.
To submit your TD, please send an email with subject ” CA15104 – TD Submission” to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching the full TD in PDF format named as the TD number assigned to you.
- Taro Eichler, Technology Manager, Rohde & Schwarz, Germany
- Sebastian Schostek, Ovesco AG, Germany
- Ralph Stübner, Science Officer of the COST Action CA15104 (IRACON), Belgium
Speaker: Roberto Verdone, University of Bologna, Italy
When: Jan. 31, 2017, 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM
One of the challenges of 5G is how to integrate the Internet of Things (IoT) into the mobile network architecture, to offer services to the plethora of different IoT applications and to the massive number of machine-type devices that will populate the 5G scenario. The challenge is emphasized by the legacy architectures and network paradigms that have become a sort of de facto standard since some years, while new approaches are becoming more and more appealing. This tutorial will review the traditional network architectures used for wireless sensor networks, will discuss the role of new air interface specifically devised for IoT and will introduce some promising approaches that will be investigated in the next few years for 5G networks. The discussion on the evolution of IoT applications, including the role of mobile things, will be a transversal component of the tutorial.
COST: Free to attend
Tutorial registration: Registration Now Open, click HERE to register