VTC Deadline Reminders
IEEE VTC2018-Spring in Porto
- Call for Papers Deadline: 15 October 2017
- Call for Workshops Deadline Extended: 1 November 2017
- Call for Tutorials Deadline: 1 November 2017
IEEE VTC2018-Spring in Porto, 3-6 June 2018
IEEE 87th Vehicular Technology Conference
Call for Papers
The 2018 IEEE 87th Vehicular Technology Conference will be held 3–6 June 2018 in Porto, Portugal. This semi-annual flagship conference of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society will bring together individuals from academia, government, and industry to discuss and exchange ideas in the fields of wireless, mobile, and vehicular technology.
VTC2018-Spring in Porto will feature prominent plenary speakers, cutting-edge technical and application sessions, and an innovative Industry Track, which will include panels and presentations with industry leaders sharing their perspectives on the latest technologies. The conference will also host a number of relevant workshops and tutorials. Prospective authors are invited to submit original, unpublished full papers on, but not limited to, the following technical tracks:
- Antenna Systems, Propagation, and RF Design
- Signal Transmission and Reception
- Cognitive Radio and Spectrum Management
- Multiple Antenna Systems and Cooperative Communications
- Radio Access Technology and Heterogeneous Networks
- Green Communications and Networks
- Ad-Hoc, M2M, and Sensor Networks
- Wireless Networks: Protocols, Security and Services
- Mobile Satellite Systems, Positioning and Navigation
- Vehicular Communications, Networks, and Telematics
- Electric Vehicles, Vehicular Electronics, and Intelligent Transportation
- Future Trends and Emerging Technologies
Prospective authors are encouraged to submit full papers through the TrackChair web site: vtc2018spring.trackchair.com
Important dates for regular papers
- Submit papers for review by: 16 October 2017
- Acceptance notices sent: 5 January 2018
- Final papers due: 28 February 2018
Call for Workshops
Workshops provide invaluable opportunities for researchers and industry practitioners to share their state-of-the-art research and development results in areas of particular interest. We invite submissions of cutting-edge workshop proposals to complement the technical program of VTC2018-Spring.
Workshops will cover specific topics with a mix of regular papers, panel discussions, keynotes, and possibly poster presentations. We ask for proposals that deal with topics in emerging areas of mobile and vehicular technologies.
For topics outside these focus areas, please consult the Workshop Chairs prior to a proposal submission.
Workshop proposals, in word or PDF format, should be sent to the Workshop Chairs by email on or before the posted deadline. Proposals should contain the following information:
- Title, scope, and list of topics of the workshop
- Names, affiliation, and email addresses of the workshop organizers
- List of intended technical committee members (TPC)
- Format of the workshop (papers, keynotes, panels, posters, etc.)
- Intended paper review schedule
- Promotional plan
- Past history of the workshop, if any (when, where, number of papers, number of participants, etc.)
- Intended audience of the workshop
- Rationale, e.g., why is the topic of interest, why is the workshop expected to attract a significant number of high-quality submissions, etc.
- A draft Call for Papers
All proposals will be independently reviewed and a decision on acceptance communicated by 15 November 2017. After acceptance, workshop organizers are expected to set up a website and to actively promote their workshops, as well as submit details for promotion at the main VTC site. The paper submission process will be arranged and handled by TrackChair.
Luís Bernardo Universidade Nova of Lisbon, Portugal
Marco Gomes Universidade de Coimbra, Portugal
Narcis Cardona Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
Important dates for workshop proposals:
- Proposal submission deadline: EXTENDED TO 1 November 2017
- Notification of acceptance: 15 November 2017
Call for Tutorials
Tutorials provide opportunities for researchers from academia and industry to learn about state-of-the-art research and development from experts in a given field. The IEEE VTC2018-Spring Technical Program Committee invites submission of tutorial proposals for half-day presentation on topics of interest to the conference. For topics outside these focus areas (refer to the conference track descriptions), please consult with the Tutorial Chair prior to proposal submission.
Send an email to the Tutorial Chair, Oliver Holland at email@example.com and include the following:
Email subject: VTC2018-Spring Tutorial Proposal – Brief description
Body of email should include:
–Name of presenter(s) and affiliation(s)
–Working tutorial title
–BRIEF description of pertinence to VTC audiences (50 words MAX)
After an initial selection phase, the shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide a full proposal in view of final selection. Full proposal details will be collected online via a web form (the Tutorials Chair will provide a link to the web form).
Important dates for tutorial proposals:
- Brief descriptions due: 1 November 2017
- Full proposals due: 13 November 2017
- Acceptance notification: 17 December 2017
- Tutorials to be presented on: 3 June 2018
MORE INFO HERE