Start time: 16th April, 9:00 ‐ End time: 17th April, 15:45
Venue: Institute for Communication Systems, University of Surrey, Guildford UK
Organiser: Tim Brown (Institute for Communication Systems, University of Surrey, UK)
The topic of the 4th Training School organised jointly by COST CA15104 IRACON and Met5G Project is “Defining and Realising SINR in Future Mobile Networks”. This activity is organised though common interest between the Met5G project and the IRACON action where understanding signal to interference and noise ratio (SINR) and characterising it is important to future mobile network deployment as well as over the air testing of mobile devices.
COST CA15104 (IRACON) offers a limited number of grants for PhD students and ECIs (400 € each) to attend this Training School. The grants do not cover all the cost related to the training school (only 400 €). Applications for these grants are accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org) until March 16th, 2018.
HOW TO GET REGISTERED FOR THE TS
You are invited to register for the 4th Training School, which is a two step process:
- by sending an electronic copy of the filled form (see link above) to email@example.com with a copy of student ID if required.
- Undertaking the credit card payment at the online registration (link above).
This must be carried out before April 5th 2018, payment receipt and student ID if required.
Those ECIs and students granted from COST CA15104 (IRACON) for this event DO have to register via email AND pay the registration fee before the event. COST grants will be transferred individually to every granted person afterwards.
HOW TO SUBMIT A GRANT REQUEST
COST CA15104 (IRACON) offers a limited number of grants for PhD students and ESRs to attend this Training School.
Applicants have to send an email by March
16th 28th 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (+CC to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org) with at least the following information:
• (Subject of the email: IRACON 4th TS grant application)
• Name, affiliation and Country of the applicant
• Career status of the applicant: PhD student, PostDoc, Assistant, Industry researcher, …
• Attach a summary of the applicant’s CV
- PhD student – £81 (approx €90)
- Academic employee £110 (approx €120)
- Industry or Profit Institution Employee £135 (approx. €150)
- Registration opening date: February 16th, 2018
- COST grant applications: March
- Grants notification: March
- Registration closing date: April 5th, 2018
- Dr. Tim Brown, Institute for Communication Systems, University of Surrey, UK
- Prof. Thomas Eriksson, Department of Electrical Engineering, Chalmers University, Sweden
- Dr. David Humphreys, National Physical Laboratory, UK
- Dr. Tian Hong Loh, National Physical Laboratory, UK
- Dr. Koen Buisman, Microwave Electronics Laboratory, Chalmers University, Sweden
- Tim Masson, Keysight, UK