The aim of Conference Grants as defined by COST Vademecum is to support PhD students and ECI researchers from Participating ITC to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organised by the COST Action.
List of Inclusiveness Target Countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, fYR Macedonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey.
Applications should be submitted according the procedure detailed below:
Step 1: Submit a Conference Grant application through e-COST
The applicant encodes a Conference Grant application by loging into e-COST and clicking on the ITC Conference Grants tab. The tab ‘ITC Conference Grants’ will not be available in the following cases:
- If the applicant’s e-COST profile is incomplete, they will first have to fill in the missing information (affiliation, education details, CV)
- If the primary affiliation of the applicant is not in an ITC country
- If the Education details of the applicant do not demonstrate that (s)he is a PhD student or an ECI Any already submitted applications are available for consultation in the applicant’s e-COST profile. To submit a new application, the applicant presses the button ‘Create Conference Grant Request’
You are required to upload the following documents:
- A full CV (including a list of academic publications – if applicable)
- A short description of your involment in the IG15104 CIG IMMUNet
Step 2: Submit your application via email
Any e-COST user who is a PhD student or an Early Career Investigator (ECI) and is affiliated with an institution located in an ITC country participating in the Action can submit an application request for an ITC Conference Grant to the Action MC Chair. The application must be submitted at least 45 days before the conference start date. The applicant must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow.
Step 3 – Assessment of the ITC Conference Grant
The MC Chair assesses your request
Step 4 – Approval from the MC Chair
The MC Chair informs the Grant Holder that the proposed ITC Conference Grant has been approved. Based on the available budget, a minimum grant of 750,00 EUR wil be attributed per mission (with a maximum of 1500,00 EUR).
Step 5– Activation from the Grant Holder
The Grant Holder activates the ITC Conference Grant on e-COST.
Step 6– Start of the Mission
After the reception of the approval, you can start your mission.
After the conference
After completing your mission is required to submit a scientific report through e-COST (+ Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). A scientific report template is available on the Supporting documents page or on-line here.
- 1 day and 15 days after the end of the participation in the conference, the grantee receives a reminder to upload the scientific report. The deadline to submit the last supporting document is 30 days from the end of the participation in the conference. The submission of the report is mandatory or the Grant is cancelled. Late submission, beyond the deadline, can also lead to the cancellation of the Grant.
- If the application is rejected, the MC Chair must provide a justification to guide the grantee in her/his resubmission. If the MC Chair approves the report, the GH is notified that the grant can be paid.
Further information and rules
Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the detailed information provided by COST.